Thursday, May 1, 2008

Georgie the Stinker

My nephew Georgie can be a little stinker. He is stubborn, just like his dad, and often opens mouth and inserts foot without thinking. Yesterday he talked back to grandma one too many times and got a swat for his troubles. Sometimes I wish I could be at home to help raise Georgie and Sarah. I can only do so much long distance over the phone. I believe of all the adults in their lives, I am the most patient and developmental. Screaming is a way of life at my mom's house. Not so much for me...

I just hope that Georgie learns how to listen better as he grows up. Right now, when I ask him why he's being a stinker, he replies, "My not being bad." Which makes me wonder if he's in denial or truly believes he's not doing anything wrong. With any luck my long distance advice will stick and prevent Georgie from being the recipient of any more tough love.

No comments: