Friday, June 27, 2008

Moving Back to Florida

Well, apparently my brother has decided after just four short months to pick up his family and move them from Pennsylvania back to Florida. Last June, George and his family moved to Texas after George got laid off and couldn't find steady work in Florida. He moved to Texas to work with our brother-in-law in his air conditioning business. It didn't work out. In March, I went to Texas and helped George move his family back to Pennsylvania. He moved in with my Mom in an effort to save money while he took over our uncle's machine repair business. I thought things were going well, he was working steadily, Sarah started her new school, Georgie finally got a speech therapist who was helping him, and Sue got a job. He was planning to move out next month into a home of their own. Apparently that all changed when one of his former employers in Florida called him to offer him a job. So, George is going to disrupt his family for the thrid time in a year because he suffers from "the grass is greener" syndrome. Sarah will be in her fourth school in a year...and no doubt Georgie will lose ground in his speech development. On top of all that, he's temporarily moving my babies into a trailer sight unseen. Who knows what kind of condition this trailer's in or where it's at.... I don't understand why my brother is willing to move his family again when there's no guarantee this opportunity in Florida will be any better than what's currently happening for him in Pennsylvania. I just hope he's given a lot of thought to this move. It doesn't make sense to me, and I'd advise him against it. But, as usual, no one asked me or would listen even if I told them how I feel. One day, my siblings will recognize and appreciate my sage advice!

No comments: